Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Is Vortex Optics next??

Old Tuesday 20th March 2018, 14:35   #26
Xlr8n

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorbfl View Post
My Nikon Monarch 7 10 x 42 are made in China and build quality and feel appear excellent, at least to me.
My 8x30 Monarch 7's were also made in China and in less than a month after purchase the rubber armor was loose on one barrel and one eyecup wouldn't stay extended. They promptly got returned and I opted to pick up some Viper HD's MIJ to replace them.

It's a shame as I loved the size and glass in the M7's, but the design/construction was lacking.
Old Tuesday 20th March 2018, 14:48   #27
chill6x6
BF Supporter 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canip View Post
[b]I got a China made Razor 8x42 recently[/B and am impressed with build quality, optics and mechanics (this is my first Vortex bino), even when I compare it to my German and Austrian alphas. It was expensive, but in my view is worth its price every penny.

We have to get used to the fact that in the future, even expensive instruments are coming from China. Just see what has happened lately to the astro market: Those here who like to look at the night sky with binocular telescopes will know what I mean....
One question....WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraider View Post
You guys have to understand something. American consumers are spoiled rotten. We (not me) have demanded high quality and cheap prices. That doesn't work very well, so what we're left with is cheap, throw away products that are relatively inexpensive.

The USA can make anything and everything anybody else can, but Americans are not willing to open up their pocket books..........cheap crap rules. Oh, and our libtard education system has been dumbing down American kids for decades now.
So true! I can't tell you how many folks I recommend a decent binocular to and their comeback is "I found a binocular on (fill in the blank) for $50, I think I'm gonna get that one."

Number one question at the pharmacy...."what's my copay?" If it isn't "free," they don't want it. I don't care if it cures cancer, fixes your double chin, gives you a full head of hair, and the ability to practice safe sex for 24 hours, they don't want it! HAHA! Same for binoculars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubador View Post
With their Japan-built products Vortex has routinely been selling at a similar level to Nikon, Bushnell and Leupold, and that is, in the best years, selling upto 20% of the binos sold in the USA. It remains to be seen if this will continue now they are sourcing from China, but they have a good reputation in the market.

Lee
Question for you Lee, HAHA! Is a Chinese Vortex in your future? I all ready know the answer!

BF Supporter 2017 2018 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 20th March 2018, 15:38   #28
Troubador

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill6x6 View Post

Question for you Lee, HAHA! Is a Chinese Vortex in your future? I all ready know the answer!
Chuck
I haven't had a look through a Vortex yet so I can't give a definitive reply to that one. I know the eyecups on my made in China old-model Terra 8x32s are better in some ways that those on my $*@*@* SFs so I have no inhibitions about MIC binos.
I will look out for them at Bird Fair. The list of exhibitors at this year's Bird Fair is still being added to on the website so I don't know for sure if Vortexes (Vortices? ) will feature there but if they turn up I will take a look.

Lee
Old Thursday 22nd March 2018, 14:44   #29
davem

Hi Lee,

Yes, Vortex will be there for what will be approximately our 11th year at the Birdfair.

Same place (we presume) As the past 7 years, Marquee 1, Stands 1+2.

If you want to take a look at the Vortex line up in the meantime, our current list of dealer days and shows is on our website.

All the best
Dave.
Old Thursday 22nd March 2018, 16:14   #30
SportOptics

New vipers are out!! https://www.sportoptics.com/vortex-v...inoculars.aspx
Let me know if you need anything.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: