• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Butterfly field guides - south-east Asia (1 Viewer)

If I'd seen it for that price before I'd ordered the Malay one, I'd have gone for it. Is it much better than the Malay one? I'm in Malaysia soon. The furthest north I was on my recent trip was Khao Yai - where I saw surprisingly few butterflies - so presumably not many species will be missing.

Well it's far more comprehensive, it depends what you call better and tbh, I haven't got the Malay one for comparison.

Even cheaper here, post free

http://www.wildsounds.com/cgi-bin/h...of-Thailand.shtml&Terms=butterflies,+thailand

A

Thanks James, just ordered both. I've got a second hand version of the 2nd edition of the first - presumably not as good as the 4th edition, but I think includes most of the plates? About £30.

cheers, alan

This book (2nd ed) was too large and the plates too hopeless and not nearly comprehensive enough to be worth it - I haven't got the fourth ed. - I assume it is much better.

cheers, alan

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back