• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finish On Prints (1 Viewer)

Lawts

Supa Silly Un
I've just received a load of prints back and I'm disappointed with the glossy nature of them. For birds glossy prints don't really work for me. It's almost hard to fully see the bird and get the image across. Equally I never liked the matt finish with the tiny dots, (not sure they still do those).

I do like the finish on the instant prints from the kodak etc. machines. It's somewhere inbetween glossy and matt, and I think it gives the best result for birds.

I know people have said about the longevity of instant prints, but for a finish I think they are the best.

Thoughts?

Hi Steve,

I have never liked the glossy prints, as the images always appeared (to me) to be embedded in mirrors, or coated with celophane. I am also quite sure that there are many who like nothing but glossy prints.

Ron

Hi Steve
i've just ordered a batch of free prints from Photobox who give an option of Gloss or Matt finish. I've ordered gloss on this batch just to check the service, colour etc then will try some matt to see what they come back like. By the sounds of it you are looking for a Satin finish which i prefer as well but cannot find any processors that offer this service yet.

Last edited:
Hi Steve
i've just ordered a batch of free prints from Photobox who give an option of Gloss or Matt finish. I've ordered gloss on this batch just to check the service, colour etc then will try some matt to see what they back like. By the sounds of it you are looking for a Satin finish which i prefer as well but cannot find any processors that offer this service yet.

Yes, I think it is satin. The instant kiosks do satin, but it works out expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back