• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding/herping/mammalwatching in England in the Summer (1 Viewer)

Mysticete

United States
Hey folks,

Looks like I will (probably) be visiting the UK this summer. This will be my second visit, my last being in mid September. Can anyone recommend a good time of summer to visit? I am hoping to see some summer breeders before they migrate south, which was an issue on my last visit. I will probably be confined largely to the vicinity of London. My available dates (so far) would be mid June through August.

Also interested in any mammal or herp encounters

Morgan

It has to be June then Morgan. After that (a) they stop singing, (b), they're mostly juvs anyway and (c) they start moulting or migrating. (Not the herps of course)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back