• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BBC Radio News make a big mistake on Golden Eagles this morning. (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

The BBC Radio 5 Live News headlines at 10.00am this morning have made a huge mistake by saying that a pair of Golden Eagle have successfully nested and had young in the Highlands of Scotland for the first time in 40 years. I googled and typed in about that news and there was 1 website with that news. But guess just as I expected when I got access into that website it’s got the words: oops error. Make of that what you can!
Ian.

Sounds like the website that you found wasn't functioning. It was probably overwhelmed by a sudden increase in the number of people visiting it, after finding out the news from the BBC. Try visiting the same site again in a couple of hours, it's likely that the website operators will have fixed the problem by then.

Not sure if this is the one you found or not, but here's a website with the news:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18644295.first-golden-eagle-reared-highland-site-since-1980/

Nothing at all here to indicate the BBC made any kind of mistake.

The BBC Radio 5 Live News headlines at 10.00am this morning have made a huge mistake by saying that a pair of Golden Eagle have successfully nested and had young in the Highlands of Scotland for the first time in 40 years. .

The news item you heard was talking about one particular Estate in the Highlands where the territory has been unoccupied for 40 years (as in the printed story) not the Highlands as a whole so maybe you misheard - but the newscaster could have made a slip up, it wouldn’t be unheard of!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back