• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Urdaibai Reserve Basque Coiuntry, Spain (1 Viewer)

Webcam seems to be down just now.The page Is still a few days behind.I think there are messages about this on the page but my Spanish Is not very good.

Yep :) Several weeks ago three young flamingos appeared at the Basque coast. Two have stayed in Urdaibai, it seems. One more was apparently injured and it was captured and taken to the wildlife rescue centre. It was released this week.

Yep :) Several weeks ago three young flamingos appeared at the Basque coast. Two have stayed in Urdaibai, it seems. One more was apparently injured and it was captured and taken to the wildlife rescue centre. It was released this week.

Thats good to know. o:)

This cam back up again after a short break. Things are still rather slow in terms of returning/migrating species, but will surely change in the next couple of weeks or so.

Little Ringed Plover currently mixing with the ducks and Greenshank on the largest of the small islands (EDIT: present 10:51ish to 10:54ish their time -rewind to view):

Attachments

• 20201-03-28 Little Ringed Plover.jpg
    20201-03-28 Little Ringed Plover.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Ah stilts :) Last Summer there was a couple with some chicks chasing any living creature that happened to come close.

Hope they breed again this year!

Ah stilts :) Last Summer there was a couple with some chicks chasing any living creature that happened to come close.

Hope they breed again this year!
Every day is bringing something new, today Great White Egret, Redshank and some Snipe:

Attachments

• 2021-04-02 Snipe.jpg
    2021-04-02 Snipe.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 4
This morning I saw a wader, darker than Greenshank, with the Stilts. It had a 'spangled' patterned back, and I reckoned it night be a Ruff, however it was sleeping and I couldn't see the head and bill. Reviewing a period when I wasn't watching (about 14:40) just now I saw that it was feeding, and I was right. Another first here:

Attachments

• 2021-04-02 Ruff.jpg
    2021-04-02 Ruff.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 4
Going back further in my rewiew to 12:10 there's the same as Sunday's or another Little Ringed Plover, joining Ruff and Coot in a triangle:

Attachments

• 2021-04-02 Ruff, Coot and Little Ringed Plover.jpg
    2021-04-02 Ruff, Coot and Little Ringed Plover.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 4
Things are moving. Ruff, Redshank and LIttle Ringed Plover still present. Now at least two Green Sandpipers:

Attachments

• 20201-04-03 Green Sandpipers.jpg
    20201-04-03 Green Sandpipers.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 6
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back