• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New USA Nikon D6 anyone..? (1 Viewer)

The BulbMogul

I am looking to add the Nikon D6 and finding it quite difficult to find one or the new Nikkor 120-300 FLED ZOOM..! Have several D5's but wanting something new..

There are some local camera shops that have a special deal with Nikon and can get a camera or lens fairly quickly. I waited 10 months for the 500mm f/5.6 PF, and then placed an order with a local shop and got it in 4 weeks. Take a look for a shop with that kind of arrangement.

There are some local camera shops that have a special deal with Nikon and can get a camera or lens fairly quickly. I waited 10 months for the 500mm f/5.6 PF, and then placed an order with a local shop and got it in 4 weeks. Take a look for a shop with that kind of arrangement.

I am on the lookout for one to go along with the new Nikkor 120-300MM FLED Zoomer..!

Have you applied for NPS membership? You have enough top gear to qualify. It's based on points depending on the gear you have. NPS members normally get priority on new gear so the retail shop gets an additional allocation for NPS members above it's normal stock. The process is easy and good for all involved. You should be able to get the gear within 30 days or so.

Have you applied for NPS membership? You have enough top gear to qualify. It's based on points depending on the gear you have. NPS members normally get priority on new gear so the retail shop gets an additional allocation for NPS members above it's normal stock. The process is easy and good for all involved. You should be able to get the gear within 30 days or so.

No I have never thought of it as I thought you had to be a pro or something. yes I do have lots of Nikon gear but surely not worthy of being called a PRO or anything even close..:)

NPS does have a requirement about being a pro or retired pro. I'm not sure what they check. I think they ask for your website.

I think the main bonus, at least for me, would be the 10% discount to service if you want to have regular services on your expensive glass or cameras. But I'm an advanced amateur so was not sure if I would qualify for NPS.

Marc

Found One Finally..!

Well I finally was able to find me a new D6 and hopefully it will be here by this coming Thursday. Dealer called me and told me he had one on the way from Nikon and should have it on Tuesday. Yes I said I want it..:)

I'll be interested to hear how you compare the d6 to the d5. I know a lot of youtubers give it flack for have the same sensor, but their spec-only reviews are not worth much.

Marc

More good news today from Nikon. They just called me with my tracking # for my new D6 and told me a 500 F/5.6 PF came in along with the D6 and would I want it..? HAH.. Yup toss it in too and will be here first thing in the am Wednesday..

I am really enjoying the 500/5.6 on the d5 right now. I had been using on the d850, but I think I get better looking results on the d5. I just got a used d5 about a week ago.

I am really enjoying the 500/5.6 on the d5 right now. I had been using on the d850, but I think I get better looking results on the d5. I just got a used d5 about a week ago.

I have several D5's and nothing better to me in my opinion. I already have a 500 F/4 FLED VR but since everyone is lusting over this 500PF and it being so portable it will be a nice walk around piece for me when we head back to Sri Lanka in the fall.. Sure looks quite dainty in pictures and videos but will find out in the am..

Nikon 120-300MM F/2.8 VR SR FLED ZOOM

Finally opened this beauty up this am as my new D6 is out for delivery and thats where it will end up going on..

2E7275CD-4B35-4DE7-9DED-A62486696F25.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back