• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Infrared Camera Equipment (1 Viewer)

DaveB

birding.daveb.co.uk
A school are hoping to purchase some recording equipment with the aim of enabling the children to examine the mammals which frequent the school area during the night.

This is to tie in with the KS1 SATS which require the children to find out about nocturnal animals.

Does anyone have any suggestions about kit, prices, suppliers etc?

Thank you,

Dave Brown

A school are hoping to purchase some recording equipment with the aim of enabling the children to examine the mammals which frequent the school area during the night.

This is to tie in with the KS1 SATS which require the children to find out about nocturnal animals.

Does anyone have any suggestions about kit, prices, suppliers etc?

Thank you,

Dave Brown

I've been using the bushnell trophycam which the thread in the previous post is about. I work in environmental education and part of the reason I got the camera is to do what you describe, which it's perfect for. The key is it's very easy to set up, even the older kids could do it. Schools up here use macs which have no problem playing the videos straight off the camera either.

I got mine from Uttings Outdoors, link in the other thread, 200 with batteries and sd card. There's also a link to a short youtube video of a wood mouse in a school composter, kids love it!

Thank you for your replies. I have passed over your information, which I am sure will be much appreciated. If I recieve any feedback, I will post it to this thread.

Thanks again,

Dave Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back