• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x32 EL Field Pro vs Zeiss Victory T* FL 8x32 (1 Viewer)

If you like the Swaro I can`t think of a good reason to look at the Zeiss, but the same goes if you already liked the Zeiss, both excellent, but like Chuck and Mark, I prefer the Swaro.

They're both great binos. I'd be happy with either one. I like the FL a tiny bit better. I like the compact size, great clean image (barely any CA) and the really nice smooth, fast focus with huge focus wheel. I think I prefer more traditional binoculars and the designs of the older alpha models like FL and Ultravid. But, the SV is better ergonomically and is a more luxurious binocular. I could be super happy with the SV as well.

Sounds like you may already know which one you prefer, but just covering all bases. Can't imagine you won't like the SV, but the FL is worth trying if you get the chance.

I have sold my EL SV 8x32 and bought the zeiss Victory 8x32 T FL. The Swaro had too much glare and for me that was unaceptable. Also the Swaro’s colors were unsaturated. The FOV was all in focus but the rolling ball effect was too much and the Zeiss is more relaxed. And the Zeiss is more compact.
Waiting for the Noctivid 8x32.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back