• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mexico safety (1 Viewer)

roxby

Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help/advise me? I have been to Mexico in the past and now fancy a return visit to the West, the usual birding circuit, and wondered if this is currently a safe option? I know the press can blow things out of all proportion but we all know Mexico has it's problems (as everywhere does of course). My concern is that I will be independant in a hire car and have the safety of my female partner to consider.

I did have my car wrecked by vandals last time in Chiapas but this has no way put me off. I'm just wondering if I should go now or wait a while till things calm down. I still remember the days when Peru and Colombia were very unsafe and I have now visited both without any trouble, bad times pass, should I wait?!

Thanks

Difficult to know if there are regional differences, but we had no problems in a weeks visit to Yucatan in early May.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back