• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Data Collection (1 Viewer)

wild_britain_

I am wandering what kind of data do people record when they spot birds.

Presently I record the date time I spotted the bird, just wandering what other details people record.

Thanks in advance

Date, location, times there from-to, species, numbers, age of some species seen, sex of some species seen.

Example:

02/05/2017; local reserve, light SE wind with light cloud and sunny spells : 10am-11am: Tree Pipit 4, Song Thrush 6, Redstart 3, (1 male and 2 female), Blackcap 5 (3 singing males and 2 females) etc.

This is what I do but others may capture differently what they see in their notes

Thou birds I observe are usually stationary happy to stay where they are, you can see many birds in flight I always carry a small compass to take a reading in what direction they are travelling in, I,ll add a bit about the weather conditions occasionally, when giveing bird notes in to my local society on line it is set up to enable you to give a six grid ordnance reference for every record you send in.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back