• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peter Scott ‘curlews crossing the estuary’ (1 Viewer)

Angelquartz

Hello, I’ve just joined this site, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this painting is worth anything, the painting has been locked away in a cupboard for years, it belonged to my grandmothers aunt, she died in 1987 it passed down to my gran, then my mum and now to myself any information would be great.

Peter Scott 1948. Curlews crossing the estuary.

Thanks in advance
Leah

Coincidentally there is a fairly recent post on this forum about a painting by Sir Peter Scott and it's value. The reply I believe was to enquire about it's current value and perhaps sale by one of the more prestigious auction houses, e.g. Bonhams in London. An original could well attract a handsome response but certainly investigate through a reputable expert. I'm not convinced you'd get a true appraisal here on Birdforum.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back