• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Evening Grosbeak (1 Viewer)

roxby

Hi everyone

I am planning a visit to Alberta/British Columbia in June 2015. One of my major targets is Evening Grosbeak, can anyone provide information on reliable sites for this species in June. Am also keen to see Sharp Tailed Gouse and Rusty Blackbird.

Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

Malcolm

Can't give you any specifics for these species (although I can tell you that Rusty will be a bit of a challenge, they're more of an eastern bird... unless you go into the north of Alberta/B.C.), but as you are going to be there in breeding season, I suggest you check out the maps at the British Columbia Breeding Bird Atlas site. They'll give you some idea of likelihood of any species at any given location.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back