• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (1 Viewer)

vixx1603

Hi all, new to the forum. Recently started feeding garden birds but not having much luck!! Looking forward to getting going and reading handy hints and tips on here!

Hi and welcome to BF f rom all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site.
This time of year it can be a bit quiet at the garden feeders, so i wouldn't be too concerned.

cheers,
Andy

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi vixx and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about. It can take a while for the birds to find the feeders, so don't worry about it. Especially at this time of year when there is plenty of natural food around. You don't mention water; can you provide a dish for them to drink from, or even bathe in?

Hello, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thanks everyone :)
Delia there is a water tray attached to the feeder, sadly the only use it gets at the moment is a wood pigeon perching on it trying to get at the seed!

Thanks everyone :)
Delia there is a water tray attached to the feeder, sadly the only use it gets at the moment is a wood pigeon perching on it trying to get at the seed!

Ah!!!

Right! Then you may be better with one on the ground. Even an old dustbin lid/baking tray etc will do. Put a stone in it to weigh it down which makes a nice perch for them too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back