Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 1st February 2018, 08:02   #1

Holland - Snow Goose at Yerseke

We've been over to Belgium/Holland yesterday and had a fab day connecting with Pygmy Cormorant, the Ross's Gull and a variety of different geese. I was hoping that someone could comment on the adult Snow Goose at Yerseke. It is unringed but other than that it didn't appear very wild. We saw it together with lots of Barnacle and a few farmyard geese at very close range. Might have a bit of a limp as well. It looks like it turned up in November. What do the Dutch birders think ?
Old Sunday 18th February 2018, 17:30   #2
Dutch Birder
Discover-Extremadura, Extremadura-vogels and Extremadura-Images

hi, talking about 'Dutch Birders', I was aware of my responsibility...likely a breed between barnacle and farmyard? ciao, henk
Old Thursday 22nd February 2018, 18:07   #3

As another Dutch birder abroad, but one who knows which bird you are talking about, this is definitely a Snow Goose:
Most Dutch birders just jot it down. It's really hard to know what to think about Snow Geese in the Netherlands: escapes, German Cat C and even wild birds (there's proof!) all occur. One I saw in Zeeland a few years ago was around too long for me to acceptable; for now this one would look OK.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: