• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First timer (1 Viewer)

llkelle

I have a quick question. I was sitting on my deck and was visited by a beautiful solid mustard, gold bird about the size of a finch but slightly bigger. This beauty had a sharp longish beak. I live in Indiana and have never seen this bird in my yard before. Can’t seem to find it in my searches either, hopping reaching out may answer this vague question.

Thanks,

LD

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

I'm going to move your thread to the Bird I D section of the Forum and I have subscribed you to this thread so you will get email notifications when someone responds. ;) Enjoy !

I have a quick question. I was sitting on my deck and was visited by a beautiful solid mustard, gold bird about the size of a finch but slightly bigger. This beauty had a sharp longish beak. I live in Indiana and have never seen this bird in my yard before. Can’t seem to find it in my searches either, hopping reaching out may answer this vague question.

Thanks,

LD

Hi and welcome to BF!
Your bird could possibly be a Yellow Breasted Chat, a super sized warbler which is much sought after but rarely found, because it mostly skulks very successfully.

You might also want to check out immature or female Goldfinch. They can be really dusky yellow right now.

Another possibility is Summer Tanager, especially if you're in the southern half of Indiana.

You might also want to check out immature or female Goldfinch. They can be really dusky yellow right now.

Another possibility is Summer Tanager, especially if you're in the southern half of Indiana.

I looked at the Tanager but my backyard beauty beak was longer. This bird was a sold gold and had no markings on its wings

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back