• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skua, Wales (1 Viewer)

Tiraya

San Diego CA
United Kingdom
I'm told it is Arctic, and chances are it is, but I don't have the experience to agree or disagree.

Seen multiple of these now.

Attachments

• skuuuuuaaaa.JPG
    skuuuuuaaaa.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
2nd calender year Pomarine. The cap reaches well below the gape, the rather heavy bill and the heavy dark bars on the undertail combine to exclude Arctic.

Chris

5th July 2013 off Llangrannog, South Wales.

I was right to be suspicious then, that barring and bill just looked off to me. I'd like to recontact that expert seawatcher and let him know its not an Arctic.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back