• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Spring Migrants! (1 Viewer)

Tammie

Good Morning Forum!

I'm so happy this morning! I looked out the window and mixed in with the grackles, redwinged blackbirds, rusty blackbirds and starlings was three white throated sparrows and a fox sparrow! Yippee! Last April, I saw the fox sparrows for the very first time and only two of them so hopefully, this spring I'll get more. I also have American tree sparrows and a vesper's sparrow. So far so good!

8-P

Tammie,

It was a great year in my area for Fox Sparrows. I had up to 6 at one time and 4 of them stayed around for about 2 weeks. In previous years, i felt very fortunate if i saw one or 2 under the feeders for a couple days!

I also heard of other people in central New York who had LARGE groups of Fox Sparrows. So hopefully they're all on their way to your neck of the woods now!

Have fun watching.
Sylvia

I had the occasional fox sparrow under my feeder this winter, along with of course plenty of white-throated sparrows. I'm glad to see they made it to Canada safe and sound, and look forward to their return.

Speaking of migrants, I finally got a ruby-throated hummingbird yesterday, and it's now stopping by regularly.

I'm hoping the hummers will be here at their regular time, the end of May, but I'm concerned about the cold temps we're still getting. It's still hitting easily -5°C at night, sometimes cooler. Anyone know if that will keep the hummers away?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back