• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding on 3/2/13 Cromford Canals (1 Viewer)

leighsutcliffe

had a fab day birding to today at Cromford Canals in Derbyshire only out for a few hours as i had family coming around
Boy oh boy was I glad i went out
as soon as we pulled into the car park their was 3 Jackdoors on the far side of the canal
off the stone bridge was 2 Dippers and a little Grebe
jusy around the cornor sat on a half dead tree was a great tit was i looked into the ever green trees behind their was a large group of Hawfinches and a Mistle Thrush
going back to the canal walking down to the Water Treatment systems on the canal was Malards Mute Swans further down the canal there were more little grebes (lovely jade/ green beakes) dippingand diving into the canal
as i got to the Water Treatment systems centre sat on the rail of the bridge was a Gray Wagtail,
looking at the time we decide to make our way back to the car we got half way back to the car and their it was the love of my life a Great spotted woodpecker !! skating and hopping up and down the trunk of the tree o:D we walked about 30 meters more and my daughter she is only 9 said look at that wood pidgen as I looked over at the wood pidgen withch it wasnt, but it was Sparrow hawk amazing i just hope it wasnt after the woodpeker !!
in total we seen 18 different birds not bad in a few hours
take care

Lee

had a fab day birding to today at Cromford Canals in Derbyshire only out for a few hours as i had family coming around
Boy oh boy was I glad i went out
as soon as we pulled into the car park their was 3 Jackdoors on the far side of the canal
off the stone bridge was 2 Dippers and a little Grebe
jusy around the cornor sat on a half dead tree was a great tit was i looked into the ever green trees behind their was a large group of Hawfinches and a Mistle Thrush
going back to the canal walking down to the Water Treatment systems on the canal was Malards Mute Swans further down the canal there were more little grebes (lovely jade/ green beakes) dippingand diving into the canal
as i got to the Water Treatment systems centre sat on the rail of the bridge was a Gray Wagtail,
looking at the time we decide to make our way back to the car we got half way back to the car and their it was the love of my life a Great spotted woodpecker !! skating and hopping up and down the trunk of the tree o:D we walked about 30 meters more and my daughter she is only 9 said look at that wood pidgen as I looked over at the wood pidgen withch it wasnt, but it was Sparrow hawk amazing i just hope it wasnt after the woodpeker !!
in total we seen 18 different birds not bad in a few hours
take care

Lee

Nice one Lee - good morning with your daughter by the sounds of it, seems like she has already got the bug :t: Very big welcome to birdforum. You have a well watched patch there so keep an eye on the Derbyshire or Cromford threads as to what is about in your area

Regards
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back