• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kestrel photo request (1 Viewer)

Rob77

hungrybirdtours.com
Hi,

Along with two french authors I'm working on a book project "The Common Kestrel" and we are looking for high quality photos (also drawings and paintings) of kestrels. If you provide an image (in jpg form) you will be credited in the book but we are unable to pay for the right to use images.

If you're able to help please forward your contribution to the following: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
Rob

PS: Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum

You should at least offer to provide a free copy of the book to those who contribute.
The financial investment in camera gear is not inconsiderable and that should be recognised, personally I am not interested in the kudos of having a picture published anywhere but no doubt someone will be though. Good luck.

I've got some photos I could supply of a male hovering very close by, but as suggested by Dave, a copy of the book (when published) would be a suitable form of compensation for their usage. My name in a book I probably would otherwise not see is of no interest to me, or I suspect anyone else reading the book who doesn't know me.

I've got a close up of a female kestrel that flew into my French windows if that helps. The bird was unharmed and eventually flew away.
I've posted some pictures to [email protected]. Hope you got them

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back