Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Info needed on cleaning the garden under the feeder

Old Thursday 24th May 2018, 11:26   #1
Shelly928

Info needed on cleaning the garden under the feeder

Hello all! Anyone know how I should clean the ground under my feeder. I am waiting to lay my new mulch until I know what to spray or sprinkle down to clean it out. I have a net but a lot of debris under it from before I bought the net. I was thinking of just shoveling out everything under throwing it in a contractor bag and putting new mulch down but I read something about garden cleanse powder to sprinkle. Not sure what that does exactly but I want to sanitize the ground if possible.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old Thursday 24th May 2018, 12:49   #2
Simon Wates

I personally would take a different approach and not use any products that need spraying or sprinkling. I would remove the top 2 inches or so of soil around the area I wanted to clean, maybe more if the ground was still "stinky". Then I'd replace the topsoil (or whatever is preferred in the location but definitely not gravel because it's be a nightmare to clean up)) with fresh. One could concrete around the base for easy future cleaning. The debris that I removed I would mix into the compost heap and once well rotted - put it on my veggies - yum
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: