• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ipod speakers for playback (1 Viewer)

one is enough.
A couple of Radioshack speakers and some surround system will enhance the bird's listening experience, but not its ability to come closer to the source of sound. ;)

one is enough.
A couple of Radioshack speakers and some surround system will enhance the bird's listening experience, but not its ability to come closer to the source of sound. ;)

Temmie

Thanks - cheap speakers pack up regularly; hence two ;)

Back to that Edirol - nice bit of kit but how do I set it up so that my sennheiser works with it; I'm praying I haven't got a dodgy mike connction and that it is set up related...(currently selected mono microphone, limited). I can't work it out at all. :-C

thanks in advance, alan

Temmie

Thanks - cheap speakers pack up regularly; hence two ;)

Back to that Edirol - nice bit of kit but how do I set it up so that my sennheiser works with it; I'm praying I haven't got a dodgy mike connction and that it is set up related...(currently selected mono microphone, limited). I can't work it out at all. :-C

thanks in advance, alan

Only ordered one speaker - that was a mistake; it's knackered!!

Sorted the Edirol (although the mike connection seems to be a real weakness on them) - a new battery in the Sennheiser was all that was required ;)

cheers, alan

Hi All

I know this thread is somewhat old but my old speaker has given up the ghost. Can anyone recommend a replacement to use for audio playback. One which is available in the UK, small and portable.

Many Thanks

Not claiming it's the best, but I use an Aker speaker, which is impressively loud and clear, and the rechargeable battery seems to last forever (typically several weeks of fairly heavy use).
[https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aker-MR1505-Voice-Amplifier-Black/dp/B007OSRTNW/ref=pd_sim_229_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007OSRTNW&pd_rd_r=1HS74RQ6Z5MRC2NZZPJR&pd_rd_w=tSUVT&pd_rd_wg=dqlm7&psc=1&refRID=1HS74RQ6Z5MRC2NZZPJR

Yup agree it is a good speaker. I tested it with friend against 2 3w each and still not able to match the output!

I'd recommend a JBL Clip 2:
https://uk.jbl.com/bluetooth-portables/JBL+CLIP+2.html
It's bluetooth (though it has a wired connection too) and that creates some advantages for playback use. It also has a carabiner, which is useful either for hanging it to a branch or from your belt straps. It has good battery life, is waterproof, is fairly loud with pretty good sound, compact and light and isn't very expensive. It pretty much ticks every box for a playback speaker.

Not claiming it's the best, but I use an Aker speaker, which is impressively loud and clear, and the rechargeable battery seems to last forever (typically several weeks of fairly heavy use).

Thank you for that, looks pretty good:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back