• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackbirds (1 Viewer)

ballatman

Hi, can anyone advise please? Do Blackbirds use the same nest over again?
I had to remove some overgrown dead bushes that were obstructing our kitchen window and on removing the last load to the bottom of the garden for disposal, noticed an empty nest among the branches. I know Blackbirds have used these bushes in the past, but I was unsure whether this was a fresh nest or maybe last years.
However I have noticed a pair flitting around in the area where the bushes are dumped. Are they searching for this nest?
If I put up a nesting box where the bush was, will they use it?
Should I remove the nest from the bush and put it in the box?
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Well, what I have done now is to cut a big portion of the bush containing the nest and tied it onto the fence near to it's original position. it remains to be seen whether they will use it or not but it's all I can think of doing.
Thanks for all your help and advice folks.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back