• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Kuala Lumpur - info needed (1 Viewer)

tomjenner

I am going to Kuala Lumpur for a conference in a couple of weeks and my flight bookings mean that I will have one complete day to do some birding. Can anyone suggest a good site that is within striking distance. I am happy to pay a biggish taxi fare and leave very early to travel a few hours. I have never been to Malaysia before, but I have birded elsewhere in South-East Asia, including peninsular Thailand. I would be most interested in a place that will have some of the regional endemics.
Thanks

Tom

Tom..it depends were you are staying in K.L...there is a place called Taman Rimba,Ampang..in K.L/ it self..just a few minutes by taxi..if you are staying in a hotel in Jalan Ampang,K.L...birds that could be seen in Tmn Rimba...Blue-banded Kingfisher,Sultan TiT,Barbets.Falocnet..(Black Thigh) and many more..like bulbuls etc....another good place is called FRIM,Sg buloh,Selangor...about a hour's drive from K.L...towards Sg,Buloh..for birds in Sg.Buloh FRIM...check my gallery..most of the birds found there i had photographed...do call me..or p.m. me so that i can give you my H/P..no if you need to know more...regards.:t:

Tom

Try Fraser's Hill - I'm going there for a day from Singapore - in a few weeks; I think it is about 2hours drive from KL but I haven't been there for 15 years! Suggest you hire a car rathwer than taxi.

cheers, alan

Thanks for the suggestion Alan. I have checked up some trip reports online and I think Fraser's Hill will be my destination on my free day and I will visit some of Manjeet's locations in and near the city if I get a few free hours on other days.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back