• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I use the Victory HT case? (1 Viewer)

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but could anybody tell or show me how one uses the Victory HT 10x42 case? I can't seem to fit the binoculars with the strap attached into the case. Where/how do I tuck away the strap?

Slide the binoculars into the case while holding the strap fully extended with your other had (as if you were suspending the binoculars by the strap) then close the case lid over the strap sling and let the strap hang fully out. What I'm gonna do

Thanks for the suggestion. I have other cases where this works nicely, but it doesn't really work well with this HT case as the sides of the cover aren't open.
I've largely given up on the case. The binoculars are standing on my kitchen top ready for use.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have other cases where this works nicely, but it doesn't really work well with this HT case as the sides of the cover aren't open.
I've largely given up on the case. The binoculars are standing on my kitchen top ready for use.

This is from Optics For Birding site when they did a piece on the 10x42 HT's.
"The case is big enough for the binocular even with the eyecups fully extended, and it’s easy to close it around the straps, so you can carry the binocular by its own straps while it’s in the case. The case also comes with a strap of its own".

It does not hurt anything that the case flaps overlap. Just as a side note tho, the Vortex 10x56 case fits it all just fine, strap and all. They are inexpensive also.

The binocular cases supplied with the Zeiss HT’s are sadly inadequate and do not reflect the quality of the great product inside.
The front retaining clip on fine fell off after a while and Zeiss sent out a new case which doesn’t fit so well as they had no spare clips. Chinese rubbish I imagine.
If you have the cash splash it on a Billingham Galbin binocular case..... a bit of real quality.
Sollas

Whatever you might make of the HT case, it's infinitely better than the junk supplied with the SF range.

That semi-rigid hardshell calamity has two zips and a spring loaded/magnetic flap to contend with and requires at least three hands to get it closed properly, and don't even think about getting the neck strap in there as well....

Mine remains in the bottom of a draw and won't see the light of day again until I part company with the otherwise excellent bins. Meantime, mine live in the far more agreeable case that came with my FL bins (which is much like the HT case but without the leather 'dressing' and flexible enough to do the job).

Here's the one I use - https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Zeiss-Carry-Case-for-Terra-ED-42-Conquest-HD-8x42-10x42-and-FL-42

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised that the solutions suggested are to get an alternative case; it seems easier and cheaper to find the appropriate alternative strap. I'm thinking of exchanging the strap of my Zeiss HT with that of my Docter 15x60 which is taking up a lot less volume when folded.

I have replaced all of my OEM cases with Maven hard cases they come In 4 sizes think small, med. large and XL. Internal Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth): Compact 6.25 x 5.5 x 2.25", Mid 7 x 6.25 x 2.5", Full 8.5 x 7 x 2.5", Large/56mm 9.5 x 7 x 3.5 I have a pair of 10 X 42 Nikon Monarch HG in what I believe to be a full size case ie large size. I find plenty of room to store the binoculars plus neck strap pretty easily, they also offer micro fiber sack to place them in. I did not replace my factory cases for fitment but because I feel that they are more protective of my binoculars.

Last edited:
The only time I use my HT case is when I am traveling. Otherwise the bins sit out, with the rain guard on. I do use the case itself to place a field guide in, if I choose to have one while walking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back