• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Montreal, Quebec, Canada! (1 Viewer)

NDGraham

Greetings, everyone!

I am an avid Nikon digital camera user and have joined this site after reading many posts from like-minded enthusiasts. As a result of reading the many testimonials here on a certain long lens, I am convinced and now actively bidding on ebay for the one I want: a Sigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 APO HMS RF "BIGMA"!

Here in Canada, our long winter leaves us with desires to get out in better, brighter, warmer weather to join with nature in moments snatched away from work and home. So I like to fly my small sports amphibious aircraft with wild birds which I video from my "bird's eye view" at the joystick of my plane.

But on the ground I love to shoot photos of everything and have loved doing this since I was a kid in the 50s with my father's old Kodak Cadet and Brownie. Seeing personal photography grow over the years into the digital age is a lifelong pleasure. As I near retirement, I am gathering the gear I'll need when I have the time to pursue the photos and the birds and the wildlife that I dream of. So until spring gets here, I doodle with my gear outside in the pristine cold, clean air of the Canadian Winter. If you visit this site, you can see some recent photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/NeillDGraham

Cheers, everyone . Happy Bird Snapping!

Hi Neil and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I hope you manage to get the lens you want and I'm sure you will enjoy it here

D

Hey NDGraham , nice to meet you and welcome to the forum ! - Looking foward to your photos and posts - go habs ! -

Last edited:
Hi, Delia!

Thanks for the welcome! I love being able to cite "senior moments", too. Great thing selective memory - like my dear old Grannie's selective hearing!

Happy Birding!

Hi, KC!

Your friendly welcome warms things right up here in the middle of a snow storm! It'll be about 5 below zero Fahrenheit tomorrow. Wish I were playing golf in Myrtle Beach!
Cheers!

Hey Neill,
And another welcome to the Birdforum, this time from a "western neighbor". It's finally warmed up to freezing here ;) and with a Chinook still blowing we should have all the snow melted and some 10 C weather for a week!

Can't wait for the spring migrants - it has been pretty slow, as you know.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Hi Niel, Greetings from Yellowknife, NWT (despite what my avatar shows) where all we see is crows at the moment. Did you get much snow this winter?

Beautiful city Montreal,

Cheers,

Mike

:bounce: Hi Niel a warm welcome to the Birdforum from this melting point here :D (Malaysia)-wish you could send some snow here.I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back