• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! Help indentify? (1 Viewer)

Mards

Hi from Yorkshire!
I have always loved birds but are very much a newbie when it comes to identifying specific birds from their call.
For the last few weeks i have been hearing a particular set of birds at night, with a call i havent heard before. It almost sounds like a metal detector!

Its most likely a common species, but i would love to know more about it. I have captured the calls on the attached recording and would be super grateful if anyone could help me identify it? (Its most clear in the last few seconds)

Thanks very much in advance!
Mards

Attachments

• Bird?.m4a
    224.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

I'm going to move your thread to the Bird I D section of the forum and you will receive emails when someone posts a suggestion. Good luck ;)

Hi Mards and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here with us and I hope to hear about what you see when out and about.

Hi there Mards

Welcome to BirdForum, hope you enjoy things here.

I too would go with lapwing for the id.

There is a thread for all things Yorkshire located HERE

Keep a look out for threads title Tyke Meet or Yorkshire Meet - they are the Yorkshire guys getting together for a day's birding.

As a Leeds birder I can point you to a few sites in the local area you may want to visit.

Rodley Nature Reserve

Eccup Reservoir

Adel Dam - near Golden Acre Park and good for mandarin duck, great spotted woodpecker and kingfisher

Hi there Mards

Welcome to BirdForum, hope you enjoy things here.

I too would go with lapwing for the id.

There is a thread for all things Yorkshire located HERE

Keep a look out for threads title Tyke Meet or Yorkshire Meet - they are the Yorkshire guys getting together for a day's birding.

As a Leeds birder I can point you to a few sites in the local area you may want to visit.

Rodley Nature Reserve

Eccup Reservoir

Adel Dam - near Golden Acre Park and good for mandarin duck, great spotted woodpecker and kingfisher
And Don't forget RSPB St Aidan's in East Leeds , If you have never been you should do.
Bittern, Black Necked Grebes , Marsh Harriers, Bearded Tit, Little owls all on show .

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back