• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andrews Sketchpad (2 Viewers)

Nice group of sketches! Our spring weather here has been so cold and wet that there have been only a couple days where plein air was even possible.

WIP - Landscape

Acrylic on small Canvas board...
WIP.jpg
Not sure where this path is leading to, more detail will be added in the way of branches and leaves, also, the path needs to be deregulated a bit....

Refreshed after an early start....(attended 0530 Hrs Beltaine festival), just got down to a quick coffee, egg on toast, Blues FM on the computer (nice) and another look at this current painting....so on with the detail - not sure if the tiny brush strokes is tooo much detail yet, or maybe I should opt for a looser approach...stilll it sunny and warm outside....
WIP 001.jpg

Two days off, and a little time to let go abit and re evaluate things....(with a nice brew of Tea). So, a little sketchin to ease the fingers.
sketches 002.jpg sketches 001.jpg
The purple/yellow sunrise is nearly finished, and the Bearded Tit (Post 507) has been rehashed in a new way, forget the watercolour, Im going all out on a larger Arcylic on Canvas Board......Scary I know, but sometimes yer just have to grab hold and go for the ride.....

Come a long way, since my first piccy...
my first...jpg
But most of it is being here, taking advice from people who know, and giving it a go........

Catching up on all I've missed after being away from the forum for a couple weeks. Nice to see what you've done since I last visited. Great job on the field sketches, and I like the 'blue period' landscape!

And somthing from this mornings outing, without my reguler muse 'Woodie'. didnt fancy the long hike out, so made use of the Marshes nearer home and gave my box an airing...
Not the best result, but a bash at a grey and gluumy view of the local Power Station across the river. with the wreck of an old Fishing boat, up on the mud....
Rainham Creek.jpg
Learnt also that there isnt room on the lid for my regular 24 full pan box of colours, and will be better off with the smaller one, also how to wedge the water bottle in place without losing the contents....

:cat:

Last edited:
Pah, you beat me....left at 06:30 Hrs...but very grey and Blustery first thing, then the dog walkers came out, so I moved on to my second option and did the painting...

Learnt also that there isnt room on the lid for my regular 24 full pan box of colours, and will be better off with the smaller one, also how to wedge the water bottle in place without losing the contents....

:cat:

Recent work looks good Andrew. I had to laugh at your problems with 'losing the contents', a typical problem of watercolorists in the wild I think. Also noted that you have the same problem with dog walkers that I do in our local woods, known to the rest of the world as an Important Bird Area, but known to locals as that place where you can let your dogs run wild.............

Yeah, Its does make it difficult, if your painting or doing Photography - everyone wants to talk and disturb the peace and quiet that you got up for, sometimes just as dawn is breaking......

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back