• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vireo - LV, NV (1 Viewer)

LzyPhotographer

I guess this is a Vireo, but it's a little more yellow-greenish than what I'm used to seeing. Warbling Vireos are browner, or so I thought - could this be something else?

Taken today, up around 8000ft.

Thanks,
Maureen

Attachments

• IMG_1776_who.jpg
    IMG_1776_who.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1777_who.jpg
    IMG_1777_who.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1778_who.jpg
    IMG_1778_who.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1779_who.jpg
    IMG_1779_who.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 62
This appears to be a fall Warbling Vireo. Philadelphias have dark lores and a lot more yellow covering the underside

I can see why one might think Red-eyed Vireo. But both Philadelphia and Red-eyed Vireo would be out of range in Nevada. Western Warbling Vireos have a darker more contrasting cap than Eastern and the bill seems a bit small for Red-eyed Vireo, so I would go with Warbling.

Best,
Jim

Quite a bit of yellow on it. This would be a good example for the Opus links to galleries.

Yes, but only if images are uploaded to the gallery; there is not at present a way to search for images hidden in threads of this and other fora (isn't that plural of forum?)

In other words, hopefully Maureen will upload the images to the gallery ;)

Niels

First, "out of range" doesn't apply to me. LOL My specialty is finding birdies that don't belong here. It's my 5 minutes of fame. :)

Second, if I didn't delete the images, I will go back and find all the ones from this bird, put them in a gallery on my website, then let you know so you can pick the ones you want uploaded to Opus.

Maureen

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back