Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Nikon MF 500mm lens support?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Wednesday 6th April 2011, 14:50   #1
welly

Nikon MF 500mm lens support?

I have bought the MF lens Nikon 500mm F4 P with Nikon TC-301, which is the 2xTC for this lens. I am going to use the lens with this teleconverter on my Nikon D200. I have Benro travel angel tripod C-268m8+Benro ballhead B-1+Benro PU-50 (12 kg max load) for my Nikon AF-S 70-200 VR+AF-S TC-20 E III, which I think works well with the latter lens+tc. Now I will certainly need a new tripod head for my Nikon 500mm F4 P lens (weighs 3 kg)+TC-301 (which I will then also use with Nikon 70-200 +TC-20E III). Considering buying a gimbal head, which one will you recommend? If it were the Wimberley head, will I need the Arca-Type quick release plate P-30 or P-40? And do you think I could use my Benro tripod with a gimbal head? Any of your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Elena
Old Sunday 10th April 2011, 02:03   #2
nirofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly View Post
I have bought the MF lens Nikon 500mm F4 P with Nikon TC-301, which is the 2xTC for this lens. I am going to use the lens with this teleconverter on my Nikon D200. I have Benro travel angel tripod C-268m8+Benro ballhead B-1+Benro PU-50 (12 kg max load) for my Nikon AF-S 70-200 VR+AF-S TC-20 E III, which I think works well with the latter lens+tc. Now I will certainly need a new tripod head for my Nikon 500mm F4 P lens (weighs 3 kg)+TC-301 (which I will then also use with Nikon 70-200 +TC-20E III). Considering buying a gimbal head, which one will you recommend? If it were the Wimberley head, will I need the Arca-Type quick release plate P-30 or P-40? And do you think I could use my Benro tripod with a gimbal head? Any of your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Elena
Hi Elena

Check out this web link for a good quality low price gimbal head, gets good reviews.

http://www.lensmaster.co.uk/

nirofo.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: