• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lensmaster Gimbal (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hi guys, Im saving up to get the Lensmaster Gimbal to be used on a Manfrotto 681B monopod, my setup Is 7D+Canon 300 F2.8 +2x TC. Can anyone tell me If they have the lensmaster & what their overall opinion Is of It, Ive been looking for reviews, like I do before buying most things but Ive come up stuck. Ive been told by GYRob (Lensmaster Gimbals Dad) that the head will hold my setup, which Is brilliant & I dont doubt It for a second, Im just after some reviews from you guys...

Regards.
Sean..

I'd be interested to know if others use this gimbal as well and what they think of it Sean. Seen the advert and watched the video but interested in hearing about it from others.

If this fails, have you considered the Calumet Large Lens Gimbal Head?

Di

Well I can say now that I will be getting one, The Lensmaster easily holds a Mk 3 DSLR with a 500 f4 lens & will easily hold my setup. Thats my mind made up. Should be getting It within the next 2 weeks. Im wanting It before I go to Dumfries (end of this month)..

Sean.

I also use the 393 for my Sigma 300 f2.8 and haven't had any problems with it. I have noticed that I get better shots for some reason if I open the frame up on the 393 so the camera unit hangs underneath it! :h?:

Di

Hi, Well Ive ordered my Lensmaster Gimbal & It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Cant wait to try It out with the Manfrotto 681B Mono..

Sean..

Come on guys, let's be serious here. I don't think it will make much difference what gimbel you use on a monopod. It's a MONOPOD for crying out loud. You just get whatever gimbel you want, Sean, because any supposed issues of one gimbel being more stable than another is a mute point on a monopod. I happen to use the 393 with my tripod, and am quite happy with it. The closest thing to stability you'll get from a monopod, with or without a gimbel, is to take the weight off your arms so you can handle the rig better, and to allow smooth vertical tilt. You would do just as well with a simple tilt head. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :>)

Well, I received the Lensmaster Gimbal today & first Impressions are superb, Its really well made, sturdy & really easy to move my setup around (Canon 7D+Canon 300 F2.8+2x TC), Ive only had a quick look around the Gimbal & will be giving It a proper workout tomorrow. But first Impressions are superb...

Sean (Very happy Man)

I'd be interested to know if others use this gimbal as well and what they think of it Sean. Seen the advert and watched the video but interested in hearing about it from others.

If this fails, have you considered the Calumet Large Lens Gimbal Head?

Di

I do and have done a review about it google lensmaster review patrick moores site

Yeah I bought one, and never having owned a gimabl before, after reading reviews and forum comments, went over to park cameras and looked at what they had to offer in this line, they do not sell the lensmaster but in comparison I have to say really really pleased so far from the purchase. Solid buid good construction easy to set up, and the price is great.

At the end of the day people think by paying the most, gets you the best equipment, some times it does but not always, not in this case anyway, but that just my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back