Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special ‚Äď Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Marc Athanase Parfait Ćillet Des Murs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Saturday 5th July 2014, 20:03   #1
Taphrospilus

Marc Athanase Parfait Ćillet Des Murs

HBW Alive states on death of Marc Athanase Parfait Ćillet Des Murs year 1878, but he died 25 February 1894 in Nogent-le-Rotrou. You can find the wrong date many times in the literature and internet. But in German Wikipedia you can find his Death certificate. As well publications from him like...
  • Description des oiseaux d'Europe, de leurs oeufs et de leurs nids : musťe ornithologique illustrť. Les Oiseaux de proie ou repaces. Vol. 4, J. Rothschild, Paris 1887
.. show evidence that he still lived after 1878.
Old Sunday 6th July 2014, 09:57   #2
James Jobling

Thank you, Martin, for your detective work in finding des Murs's 1894 death certificate. I obtained the dates 1804-1878 from Wynne 1969, who got them from Whittell 1954. In my annotated copy of Wynne 1969 I noted "?Les Oiseaux de Proie 1887" over two decades ago, but did not follow up the apparent discrepancy, as I tended to treat Wynne's listings as gospel and otherwise skimmed over eponyms!
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: