• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Madagascar (Bemanevika/Lac Matsaborimena) (1 Viewer)

iain tomlinson

Hello everyone. I am an avid owler who is heading out to Bemanevika/Lac Matsaborimena to look for Madagascar red owl. This is an amazing site with the pochard, serpent-eagle and many other fantastic birds. I am renting a 4wd and driver leaving Tana on the morning of September 6th and returning to Tana on the evening of the 13th of September. If you would like a ride and are willing to share the vehicle costs (60 euros plus fuel per day), you are welcome to join me.

The vehicle is a Nissan Pathfinder/Toyota landcruiser, so there should be room for the driver, myself and 3 others.

Cheers, Iain

Hi Iain, it sounds fun. But I wouldn't want to go all the way to Madagascar just for a week. Is it feasible to extend the trip to Masoala or to sites in the south? I suppose that €60 plus fuel per day is not prohibitive even for just one person, but was wondering if you had any thoughts?

Rob

Last edited:
Hi Rob, alas I just have a week. I could put you in touch with the rental company if you want to extend the period it's being rented for. You can contact me directly at iaintom it's a gmail address.

Cheers, Iain

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back