• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No SF 8x32 On The Horizon (1 Viewer)

ailevin

United States
A year ago at the San Diego Bird Festival, I got the impression that a Zeiss SF 8x32 was just around the corner, though no specific date was promised. Fast forward a year and I was back at the San Diego Bird Festival last week. At the Zeiss booth, the 8x32 on display was the Conquest. When I asked about an SF 8x32 they had no estimated date and a general comment about there being only so much production capacity. When I asked if they had the 8x32 FL they said they couldn't even order it, and that I would have to find a dealer with one already in stock.

Alan

P.S. The Festival was great notwithstanding unseasonably cold weather for San Diego and a bit of rain.

I contacted a senior manager at Zeiss Sports Optics, Germany who says that the FL32mm is still in production and is available from stock in Germany. If your dealer doesn't have it on the shelf it can be ordered by the dealer and in the States you could also contact Zeiss Sports Optics USA.

Lee

Like all companies whether making cars or binoculars they don't talk about new product developments. Maybe there will be news at Bird Fair which is now only 6 months away.

Lee

I contacted a senior manager at Zeiss Sports Optics, Germany who says that the FL32mm is still in production and is available from stock in Germany. If your dealer doesn't have it on the shelf it can be ordered by the dealer and in the States you could also contact Zeiss Sports Optics USA.

Lee

Thanks for the update. Good to hear it is in production.

Like all companies whether making cars or binoculars they don't talk about new product developments. Maybe there will be news at Bird Fair which is now only 6 months away.

Lee
Actually, most companies along with their official marketing and sales campaigns, now engage in some form of deliberate trickle release 'teasers', 'leaks', or 'viral marketing' via social media, industry journals/websites, and consumer magazines/Internet presence, as well as trade fair/show rumours, 'unofficial' tip offs to select photographers, journalists, or Internet hacks etc. Sometimes the line between that and traditional official campaigns is rather blurred depending on the funkiness of the company! 3:)

What was that I heard about ....... the 8X32FL now to be released having HT glass to balance and increase colour, and light transmission by up to ~1.5%, as well as acting as a handy stop gap to the overdue 8X32SF ?!?! :cat:

Chosun :gh:

What was that I heard about ....... the 8X32FL now to be released having HT glass to balance and increase colour, and light transmission by up to ~1.5%, as well as acting as a handy stop gap to the overdue 8X32SF ?!?! :cat:

Chosun :gh:

Nice suggestion CJ, I would vote for that :t:

Lee

Actually, most companies along with their official marketing and sales campaigns, now engage in some form of deliberate trickle release 'teasers', 'leaks', or 'viral marketing' via social media, industry journals/websites, and consumer magazines/Internet presence, as well as trade fair/show rumours, 'unofficial' tip offs to select photographers, journalists, or Internet hacks etc. Sometimes the line between that and traditional official campaigns is rather blurred depending on the funkiness of the company!

Sure, but that’s only in the last few months before the official release to build excitement.What they don’t want is the Osborne effect: sales falling because people hold off buying the current product in anticipation of the new one.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back