Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
ZEISS Summer Savings - Experience unique moments of nature. Save up to £250 on selected ZEISS Binoculars - limited time only!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

White mallard? Sweden May 2019

Old Thursday 11th July 2019, 11:39   #1
Aladdin
BF Supporter 2019

White mallard? Sweden May 2019

Dear member s and bird watchers!

Attached picture is of a bird I would like to call a female mallard based on the bill and the head patterns. Strip through the eye

I have seen hybride mallards before and anyone agree with me that this is a female mallard? And what have gone wrong with this mallard to turn it in to a white bird?

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Female-Mallard.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	699533  

BF Supporter 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 11th July 2019, 11:50   #2
PYRTLE

It is likely to be a bird that has developed from hybridization with a white domesticated farmyard duck. Not generally accepted as a truly wild Mallard.
Old Thursday 11th July 2019, 23:08   #3
Aladdin
BF Supporter 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYRTLE View Post
It is likely to be a bird that has developed from hybridization with a white domesticated farmyard duck. Not generally accepted as a truly wild Mallard.
Thank you PYRTLE!

I guessed it as I have not read about any ALBINO mallards The white mallard was in a golf course pond where there were other mallards, most of them with babies.

But the white mallard was alone and not in any group of mallards. Sp maybe the other mallards did not like the bird

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

BF Supporter 2018 2019 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: