• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andorra Raptors (1 Viewer)

Well here I am again, Day 1 of my membership and I am asking in yet another forum about Andorra.
Can anyone help me with a list of possible raptors I may see in Andorra. I can hazard a guess at them but as usual the distribution maps are not good enough in my guide to pinpoint areas.
I have left it very late and I should have got myself a flight ID guide. I shall have to struggle on with my Britain and Europe. I just know I am gonna see 3 or 4 soaring brown dots and pull my hair out trying to name them.
Thanks in anticipation.

T.V.
B :)

Can only help with the Pyrenees in general I'm afraid (have been to Andorra but that was for skiing!).
Looking up my old trip reports the raptor list included Griffon, Lammergeir and Egyptian Vultures. Golden, Booted, Short-toed and Bonelli's Eagles; Red and Black Kites; Montagues and Hen Harrier. The only small birds of prey were Kestrel and Peregrine. The visit was in early May so it is likely that some were on migration and just passing through.
Most of the birds were at relatively close range so you shouldn't need to tear all your hair out. The larger birds of prey have fairly huge ranges so are likely to turn up almost anywhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back