• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x32 Bin Recommendations.. (1 Viewer)

Will do. I may do a red-neck review on them :)
Glad to know there’s more of us around here lol!

I actually refer to myself as a green neck. Some friends and I were considering starting a political party of the same name. We decided there wasn’t really enough of us to make a difference. Enjoy the Kowas. They’re are really nice.

I actually refer to myself as a green neck. Some friends and I were considering starting a political party of the same name. We decided there wasn’t really enough of us to make a difference. Enjoy the Kowas. They’re are really nice.
Count me in on the party..... you have one more now.

I think there's more of us than we care to admit lol..

Eights are great. Tens are, well, TENS.

There are scenarios for both. My eights are limited to 32mm and 25mm. My tens are all forty-twos. And I do have a set of sevens in forty-two, as well. Awesome bins, all of them!

That said... I think an alpha set in 10x32 would be an awesome option to have on hand! I guess I need to look into that for myself.

I have Conquest HD 8x32, Meopta MeoStar in 8x32 and 10x32 and Kowa Genesis 8x33.
All of them work well with my spectacles which I wear all the time and all of them are fine instruments. The Conquest is my favourite however because its focus speed is significantly fast than the Meopta or Kowa and this advantage becomes apparent when you are in habitats where you for example look at a butterfly nearby but are then attracted by a bird flying in the distance only to want to get a look at a nearby dragonfly or bird moments later. The Conquest will get you near to far and back to near, signficantly faster than the others.

I have a standard test for focusing speed by focusing on a building 2.5 miles away and then counting the approximate number of turns of the focus wheel to refocus from the building to the corner of my office that is 2 metres away and the figures come out like this:

Conquest HD 8x32 0.5 turns
Meopta MeoStar 8x32 0.9 turns
Kowa Genesis 8.33 0.75 turns

Good luck with your choice.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back