• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10x32, still looking (1 Viewer)

I was very impressed by the Swarovski 10x25 in an optical sense.
Absolutely stunning compared to my old Leica Trinovids. But the Swaros are a bit clunky compared to the Leicas, more bulky and the rubber armour is a bit greasy and tacky in texture compared to my old leather Leicas (A bit like comparing nice leather shoes with a pair of wellies)
I will be checking out the Leica Ultravid 10x25 with leather casing and see how they compare with the Swaros.

I kind of agree with Highway Dog here......surely the Nikon 10x35 Rui should be on your list.
If nothing else, use them as a template against roofs twice or 3 times the price and you might need to lie down in a dark place. Modern is def not always better.....is about cheaper manufacturing.

Hi,

yes indeed - if you can live with a non-waterproof, classic porro, the E2 10x35 (or the even an SE 10x42 should be you be able to get one used) will be optically superior to anything below alpha level... the SE will give the alphas a fair fight...

Joachim

I've just managed to pick up a brand new Nikon 10x32 HGL on closeout at Sherwoods for £500. I'll let your know how it compares to my 8x30 E2s - I can only afford to keep one, or I will be divorced!!!

I've just managed to pick up a brand new Nikon 10x32 HGL on closeout at Sherwoods for £500. I'll let your know how it compares to my 8x30 E2s - I can only afford to keep one, or I will be divorced!!!��

Nonsense!

Everybody needs a high quality 10x32 and 8x30/32!;);)B :)o:D

Bob

Nice buy Paskman, how did you negotiate the price?

Be interested to know how you get on with them.

Didn't have to that was their closeout price. They would only take a few more pounds off as that was what they had paid for them. Not sure if they have any more, give them a call. I'll let got know what I think of them.

Nope, don't really do 2nd string brands.... slightly allergic to the Chinese influence.

It's looking like zeiss but I may take another look at the UVHD 10x32's and see if I can relate to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back