• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

12x42 NL Pure..... (2 Viewers)

Expensive or worth the price. I am sure that many in this forum have 3 or more Binos in their shelves gathering dust that they rarely use them. Is that expensive?
If you hesitate about buying them, well that means you are not short of money. What the heck give yourself a treat and if at the end you don't like them sell them second hand ;) why not. You will make someone else happy.
That being said I think the ELs are worth every Euro, the same goes for the SF. Neither is perfect but each has good uses.

What do you like the most about with the 12x42 NL?

It’s kind of hard, for me anyway, to put it into words, I’d say if you can find a place that has a pair you can step outside with would be best. The Roger Vine review probably hits it on the head pretty well, to me they just have a certain glow, a certain brilliance about them that I don’t really see through any other optic, including the 8X42 NL I owned.
The compactness, huge FOV, almost complete lack of CA, smooth focus action, 12X magnification, high transmission, are a dynamite combination, they just simply are capable of doing things that they shouldn't be able to do considering the size, they’re basically like an ultra high-quality 8X42, except they’re 12X42, like I said, I’m not doing a very good job of putting it into words. 😂😂😂 The exit pupil probably makes them just a little bit particular about getting your eyes lined up really well in the oculars, but the more I use them, that really doesn’t seem to be much of an issue,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back