• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

18 months in Shanghai: March 2012 - August 2013 (1 Viewer)

Just received the below from a colleague...sounds...interesting (and also gets me back on the front page...

"China: Chongming Island transformation plan revealed by Shanghai government

On 30 December 2016, the Shanghai government of China revealed its master plan to transform Chongming Island into a world-class ecological island by 2020...

On 30 December 2016, the Shanghai government of China revealed its master plan to transform Chongming Island into a world-class ecological island by 2020. The plan included improving 95% of the island's ground water to good quality standard, processing all agricultural sewage before releasing into rivers, and raising the natural wetlands and forest coverage to 43% and 30% of the island respectively. The government also planned on constructing an expressway in the west of the island and a metro line connecting the island to other city districts. The plan also included doubling the average income of the island's population from 2010 and keeping the population to around 700,000. Original content in English"

The last i checked (November), massive earth movers inside the reserve area with big no's of cement pipes n poles. The reed beds in the south eastern corner has been removed for a stretch of 5kms. Perhaps, we got another 3 years to put them back?

As McM has kindly reminded me about the unID'd flutters from our first Wuyuan trip in 2012. Now, i have the tools for the trade, its time to revisit n revive the 18th months

More from the southern excursion...

Male Indian Fritillary. Not sure if all the fritillaries exhibit sexual dimorphism but the two in this region do. The Females of Sagana and Indian Fritillary are absolutely gorgeous.

The morning wore on and we explored around our “base camp” where after some time the bird activity became a little repetitive...we were seeing all the same birds and species...butterflies and other insect life were in close attendance but of our most prized target...no sign...

Neptis ssp. A toughie!!!

Valley of the Parrotbills...
Pale Grass Blue

More from the "Valley of the Parrotbills"...
Small Whites

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back