• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

2018 A Pretty Good Year (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

2018 has been a pretty good birding year for me, Only 4 lifers, but some good birds in an average year list of 218,although I haven't really chased much , Best bird was the Snowy Owl in Norfolk although unfortunately the pics I got were rubbish, but was a treat to stand on the beach at Titchwell watching it with a cracking flock of Long-tailed Ducks on the sea, we had a nice spring trip to wales where the highlight was the breeding plumage Dotterel (only ever seen juves before) The usual good stuff Pied Fly, Wood Warbler, Osprey, Chough and a stunning singing Whinchat, we also had a nice, if stormy trip to the Kintyre peninsula , where a Seawatch was enlivened by a couple of Leach's Petrels amongst the Manxies and Gannets, add to that a great day at Thursley Common watching Hobbies, a great day at Dunge watching Black Terns and many other more routine days that still produced some great birds all adds up to an excellent year. although it has to be said I've had my share of dips The American Bittern twice, the American Golden Plover, American Black Tern, Issabeline Shrike, White-rumped Sandpiper to name a few, but to be fair most of them days had plenty of other good birds to stop me being to upset. Hopefully 2019 will be just as good without the dips!!!

Some pics of most of the above and a few(ish) others can be found at the link below, far to many to upload!

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6356FB2BA7828F28!21320&cid=6356FB2BA7828F28

Users who are viewing this thread