• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

2019 A Pretty Good Year . (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

Hi All

2019 has been a pretty good year birding wise, although didn't get out as much as usual for various reasons still managed a few good trips, absolute highlight was our 2 week holiday on the Uists, Eagles and Hen Harriers, numerous sightings, every day, Short-eared Owls, Corncrake,Divers, Long-tailed Ducks, Hoodies,Waders etc etc , fantastic place!! We also had a nice Autumn trip to Wales , Great views of Red Kites Goosanders and Choughs were the highlights.
I had 5 lifers for the year, taking me to 365,although the Whistling Ducks were certainly dodgy :) and the Pied Crow may have been a bit ship assisted, the Squacco Heron, Eastern Olivacious Warbler and Semi-palmated Sandpiper were all good :) So my actual list that would be widely accepted is 353 !!
Had quite a few Seawatches this year mainly from Splash Point with one exceptional day of Pom Skuas coming through, Several trips to Dungeness, Oare Marshes and all 5 Grebes at Cliff Pools were good trips into Kent, The EOW and Semi P were my only trips to Hampshire although both were awesome. The rest of my highlights were Sussex based and most of them either Seaford Head or the Pagham area, with a couple of trips up to Ashdown.

Anyway a fewish pics, of varying quality, of most of the birds mentioned above at the link below (the Merlin is my Favourite)

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6356FB2BA7828F28!25274&cid=6356FB2BA7828F28

Cheers

Original PaulE

Really enjoyed your trip reports Paul. Good luck for 2020.

Rich

Cheers Rich, followed your threads this year as well ,you've got out far more than me this year to good effect!! Hope to have a few more trips out myself in 2020 already got south wales booked up in the spring!!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread