• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

20D trade in price (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder

Itchy feet
I know that this is probably a 'how long's a piece of string' question but I'll ask anyway.
I have a 20D which is now surplus to requirements and is stuck away in a cupboard. I am planning to get myself a 17-40mm Canon L zoom sometime in the next couple of months, which will cost something in the region of £550, and am wondering if it's worth trading in the 20D against the lens.
I have no idea of the trade in value of the 20D although I guess it can't be much, but £40 or £50 off is better than nothing. Has anyone traded in a 20D recently and, if so, (if you don't mind me asking) how much did you get for it?

Cheers
'VB'

I have the same camera as you and am looking at getting a 7D.

I offered to trade my 20D into a camera company and they offered me £125 pounds.

Regards,
Sam Winslow

I bought a 7D about a year ago and was offered £35 trade in for my 20D by a well know London shop. I decided to put it on eBay and got £185 (so about 160 after fees etc.).

Michael.

I think the best thing would be to wait for a free listing weekender on eBay and set a minimum price of £100 plus £10 for delivery. I think it would easily go for that and probably more if the bidders get into it with an optimal ending time on a weekend evening.

Remember prices offered by shops are going to be less than you can get on ebay because the shop wants to sell it on and make a profit as well. It has the advantage of being faster and having more reliability than "risking" it on ebay.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't pay much for it in the first place (bought secondhand), so I'm not too bothered about getting loads for it as a trade in. I think trading it in and getting whatever I get for it against a new lens is less hassle than advertising it, then packing it up and sending it off.

Last edited:
Assuming it's in v.good nick with a clean sensor etc anything less than £100 is an insult in my opinion.

If your only expecting around the £60-70 mark in a trade in why not put it for sale on here.Got to get at least a £100+.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back