• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

24 more and still counting (1 Viewer)

deboo

Have just come back from the coast. It was a wonderful day, the weather was superb and the birds were magnificent. I got 2 'lifers'.....American Wigeon and Black throated Diver, so no guessing where I went!!!
I managed to avoid the crowds, breathed in a large gulp of fresh sea air and increased my year list to 125......I know some of you are opposed to listing, but I've only been listing since 2000 and it does help me remember when and where I first/last saw a species.
Giving the game away a little......how can the Holkham estate charge £2.50 to park at this time of year?......You pays your money, park your car ....and have to pee in the pines!!...There are NO facilities there whatsoever!!....................I must admit I refused to pay and parked by the pub! I skipped Titchwell, so best of health Sammy!!!! and went onto Holme.....there are toilet facilities there AND at this time of the year NO carpark charge. Great views of Long Tailed Ducks and passing Guillemots etc, just remember to duck when the Golfers are about!!!
I might try locally on Sunday for this 'Whistling Swan' that's around Welney.....I bet it's a Whooper that's had it's bill stuck in the peat!!!!
I hope you have all had a good day too!
Dave
P.S.......324.5 on penguin whacking.....

Sounds like you had a great day deboo, theres
nothing wrong with listing, thats what birding is all about its your choice of how you enjoy it.
nice one with the wigeon & diver.
bert.

Deboo,Happy Birthday.May I ask at the end of your birding day,did you have a party.Thought maybe you would be saying what you had for dinner!!.No,seriously ,Deboo it sounds as though you have had a really great day.
Christine

Happy Birthday Dave..........Have a piece cake! (it's left over from my son's birthday on Friday, but it's still edible! ;) )

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 112
Thank you Simon/Bert/Christine,

I've had a wonderful weekend. I took today off work to go to the coast again! 130 on the year list now!!! Sammy is in the best of health!!
I went to Holkham as well......apologies for an earlier rant about car park costs......it was FREE parking today!
Still managed to dip on the Firecrests though!!
My wife's bday pressie to me was a ticket for a Plymouth to Santander ferry/pelagic!!! Superb.
So I am v.happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back