• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2y Caspian Gull (1 Viewer)

Grando

This gull was on the scrape at Minsmere yesterday afternoon and looked quite decent to me and a couple of other birders present for a 2y Caspian Gull. Unfortunately I only managed this rather poor iphone record shot before it flew off, but would appreciate any thoughts. I've also attached an image where I've fiddled with the highlights so you can see the head shape better. In the field the gently sloping forehead was very noticeable.

Attachments

• gull.jpg
    gull.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 39
  • gull-silho.jpg
    gull-silho.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 60
it still is a 3cy herring gull. all coverts and tertials are 2nd generation and show a contrasting and crisp pattern, together with adult type grey scapulars. just the dark eye is misleading.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back