• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

40+ White Storks Kent (1 Viewer)

John Cantelo

I was chuffed to find a White Stork passing Bockhill Kent this AM (probably the bird seen on nearby Worth Marshes) as it makes a "double" for me this year as I found Black Stork at Westebere (nr Canterbury) this spring. However, I've been upstaged by a flock of 45 late this afternoon over Dungeness/Greatstone/Hythe. Presumably birds from the introduction programme thinking of heading south .....?

chowchilla

I miss Kent... And I miss the walk I used to do from Sturry to Stodmarsh via Westbere. Lots of happy memories...

The White Stork reintroduction is really exciting. Are the birds breeding anywhere other than Knepp?

Sandy73

I miss Kent... And I miss the walk I used to do from Sturry to Stodmarsh via Westbere. Lots of happy memories...

The White Stork reintroduction is really exciting. Are the birds breeding anywhere other than Knepp?
Morning.

Yes, a lovely walk, having grown-up in Sturry. One that on hind sight I didn’t do enough or appreciate at the time.

Regards

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread