• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

600mm with SR (1 Viewer)

tomkeet

Definitely great shots, interesting to know if he used his Gitzo/Wimberley setup and SR switched on. Usually I have SR switched off when shooting with the 600mm, have to try switching it on!!

impotentspider

I use SR when the Bigma is on a monopod or even if I'm resting on a solid surface, IMHO both will still generate enough movement to warrant use of SR, as I believe will the use of a Gimball.

Tom, isnt it about time you upped to a K5 and made your rig a bit lighter|;|

tomkeet

|=)||=)||:d|
I use SR when the Bigma is on a monopod or even if I'm resting on a solid surface, IMHO both will still generate enough movement to warrant use of SR, as I believe will the use of a Gimball.

Tom, isnt it about time you upped to a K5 and made your rig a bit lighter|;|

Starting to leave SR on more often now particularly for BIF shots which seems to improve sharpness.
As to the K5 would love one Alan but with the Wimberley/600mm I would need a larger lump of lead to balance it, stops the barrel fouling the Gimbal arm. |=)|

Users who are viewing this thread