• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

60mm eyepiece adapter for TSN 823 (1 Viewer)

slingworks

I am curious about the Kowa Adapter that allows the use of the 60mm class eyepieces on the TSN 820 series...

I am contemplating to purchase the adapter (TSN-EC1A) to use in a TSN 823, however it's something I've not installed. Is it something that just easily unscrews from the housing? From what I can see it looks like that might just be what it is...

Anyone have experience changing this part out? Any advice?

I'd like to use my 30W and 25xLER eyepieces on it..I only have a zoom for the 823 and I'm not a big fan of zoom eyepieces.

Hi,

don't have an 820 series scope, but from what it looks like (and it's the same as in the small body series), the adapter will screw on to the male accessory thread on the outside of the eyepiece bayonet (it might have some cover screwed on).

You then can mount the small body EP into the bayonet of the adapter.

Joachim

Thanks for the replies.

JRing looks like maybe I'll just have to order the adapter and see :)
I did place a want to buy for a 27xLER eyepiece for it but I guess they're rarely parted with...

Imans66 thanks for your reply as well. I think we may be talking about a different purpose though? That adapter I'm looking at is a bayonet adapter for allowing different series eyepieces to fit, not for photography.

I am curious about the Kowa Adapter that allows the use of the 60mm class eyepieces on the TSN 820 series...

I am contemplating to purchase the adapter (TSN-EC1A) to use in a TSN 823, however it's something I've not installed. Is it something that just easily unscrews from the housing? From what I can see it looks like that might just be what it is...

Anyone have experience changing this part out? Any advice?

I'd like to use my 30W and 25xLER eyepieces on it..I only have a zoom for the 823 and I'm not a big fan of zoom eyepieces.

I have the 824 and it looks to me like it screws onto the threads just above the regular bayonet mount, not the the outside threads where the zoom protective cover screws on.

It works for the 600 series eyepieces but the magnification of the eyepieces may change a bit due to different focal lengths of the different scope series.

Hi dipped, thanks for the reply

I have a handful of 600 series eps...25xler, 30W...And would like to use them.

I just purchased a TSN 823 and don't have it in hand just yet...It only has the factory zoom (The model with the silver shroud on it). I do have an 82SV that uses the 600 series EPS....Overall I like it pretty well.

I'm ordering one of the adapters, but for $80 they better work :) It looks like you maybe right?

I did come across some 21W eyepieces, contemplating one of those to try out.

Last edited:
The adapter I have seen screws into the inside enabling the use of tsn 1to 4 eyepieces on the 820 series the baynet fitting on tsn 1to 4 being smaller prevented users of the 77mm tsn 1 to 4 using their collection of eyepieces on the larger 820 series of scopes if anyone need this adapter they can have mine for £20.

z-ben. I tried to send a pm,but for some reason did not work..I was able to contact other members,so i am not sure what happened..my email is "[email protected]" if u wanna contact me regarding the adapter

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back