• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7d mkii or 1dx mkii (1 Viewer)

Prestdj

its good to be back
Ukraine
I want to get back into bird photography
The range of equipment since I last owned a camera is bewildering I guess the 100-400 mkii is a good buy but it’s the body I need help with

advice please

I was in a similar position not that long ago and started to wish I had bought a 7DMk2 when they were still available new but, saying that 1D's are bomb proof and I still love the files my 1DMk3 produces, though Noise reduction has come on leaps and bounds since 2008 when I bought it.

I'm still mainly using a 7D because you can never have too much reach when it comes to photographing birds, I suppose it's a tricky one, Bomb Proof build quality Vs Reach.

As a reference point, the images in my gallery are taken with the 7D and 1DMk3...so which ever camera you go with you are going to see a jump in file quality for sure.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back