• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

8 best places for bird watching in Sharm (1 Viewer)

richarddavis30

Can anyone recommend a good bird guide for this area. I am going to sharm in October and would like to to a little research into what I can expect to find over there.

Many thanks in anticpation of your help/advise.

Richard ;)

I know a birder who goes every year to Sharm, I could give you his email he would help you with anything you want to see there. Beware off egyptbirdtours I have heard bad things about them.

Keebs

If I fire off enough shots, maybe just one of 'em
Anyone local know anything about the current situation at the sewage works just north of Naama Bay?

I'd been there maybe 10 minutes this morning when I was told to leave for taking photos?
2 other birders in a 4 x 4 were also approached by the same guy in white wellington boots but they seemed to be allowed to stay.
I've seen countless bird photos online taken there before.

First time I've been there and to say I'm unhappy would be the understatement of the year. 6am start, lost taxi driver on the way, arrived after an hour and then kicked off!
Lost my pre-paid return journey and had to pay for another taxi back to the hotel.

Is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread